How To View Sitemason Website Statistics
Google Analytics Integration
Google Analytics is a free and robust stats software package from Google. To install Google Analytics in a Sitemason site, follow the steps below:
- Visit http://www.google.com/analytics.
- Enter your Google Account email and password and click Sign In. If you don't have a Google Account, click Sign up now to create one.
- Click Sign Up.
- Enter your Website's URL. (For example: http://yoursite.com") Enter a nickname for this account in the Account Name field, then click Continue.
- Enter your contact information and click Continue.
- Read the Google Analytics Terms of Service. If you agree to these terms, select the Yes checkbox and click Create New Account to continue.
- Copy the Web Property ID provided for your website profile. It will look something like UA-1234567-1. (You do not need the full embed code, only the Web Property ID.)
- Sign in to Sitemason at http://sitemason.com/login.
- Click the first Site Builder you want to start tracking. (A Site Builder is a website or website section in your account. They have a blue background and can be expanded and collapsed to show all the tools within it.)
- Click the Header and Footer Tab.
- Scroll down to the Google Analytics ID field and paste in your Web Property ID.
- Click the Save Changes and Go Back button.
- Repeat steps 9-12 if you have other Site Builders you'd like to track.
Check your Google Analytics accounts in 24 hours and see if statistics have begun to track. If they have not, email us and we'll confirm your website template is properly configured for Google Analytics and help modify it if it is not.