Terms Of Service
It's against the terms of service of Sitemason and all major credit cards to store credit card and sensitive information on our servers. This means that in our form tool you cannot collect credit card information via a text field and then run the card manually. You'll want to take the steps to either send people to a third-party payment page from your site or you can securely use our form tool to process credit cards by completing the steps below.
The Sitemason CMS allows you to control content on your website, social network sites, blogs, mobile site and even your own iPhone app. Need a content management check-up? Go to http://www.sitemason.com/survey
You Can Always Contact Us To Help Build Your Form
We charge $125/hr for content work. If you ever need direct help, we can help setup a form and do things like setup advanced calculations if you'd like. If there are multiple things people can buy (e.g. a ticket, a t-shirt, a membership fee) then the form may best function with a total field that has a math calculation tied to it. Here's how to setup advanced calculations if you'd like to set this up.
Form vs Shopping Cart
If you have a number of items to sell and think a shopping cart rather than a form may better suit your online needs, contact us and we can see what it'd take to get you setup with a shopping cart on your website.
Securely Collect Credit Card Information With A Form
You'll want to set aside some time to work through kinks and testing since there are a number of steps.
- You'll need an Authorize.net Account to securely collect credit card information with a form tool. You can get started setting up an Authorize.net at our partner page if you don't already have one.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and have us activate your account in preparation for setting up a Sitemason form with authorize.net. We'll activate an "Edit Actions" tab in your form tool as well as make sure you have access to add a merchant account tool you'll need in the steps below.
- Click the "Add a new tool" button to the right. Then Click "Add One" under "Merchant Account." If you don't see a merchant account tool, email us at email@example.com and we will activate this for your account.
- You will need to use either Firefox, Chrome, or Safari. These are available as free downloads. The "Edit Actions" tab does not work in Internet Explorer.
- Click the "Add a tool" button
Setup A Secure Form
- If you don't already have a form tool setup, click the yellow "Add a tool" button in Sitemason to the right of the section you'd like it to be added. Then click "Add One" under the a custom form. If you already have a form started, click the form to edit it.
- In the "Setup and Information" tab, check to "Restrict to the secure server only"
- In the "Edit Form Fields" tab, add the elements you are collecting. Be sure to add the credit card field as a "Credit Card" element rather than the standard "text field." Your last element will need to be a submit button for the form to work.
- Click the "Edit Actions" tab.
- Click "Add an Action..."
- Click "Process a credit card"
- Optionally add an Order ID prefix, like "event2". This will show up in your transactions so you can tie it back to a specific form.
- Click the fields tab.
- Match the drop down menus with the correct fields. (Based on how your Authorize.net or Paypal Payflow Pro account is setup, you may not need to require a CVV2 code.)
- Click Save.
- To setup confirmation emails, click "Edit Email Settings" and click "add".
If you are using Authorize.net, you can click your merhant account tool and set the test mode to true to test the from without a payment actually being run through. Here is a list of offical test credit card numbers you can use for this purpose: http://bit.ly/auLfz5
If you have any questions, please let us know. Here are a few things that often come up:
- Your site will need to have a secure template in order to have the secure lock icon to appear in a browser. This will likely be an additional charge for older sites.
- If there are images in your form, you will want to insert any images in the form securely using the syntax "https://secure.sitemason.com/" After uploading the image, you can change the first part of the web address using the "insert/edit" image button.