Step One: Login!
- Head on over to Sitemason.com and click login on the top right of the page.
- Put in your provided username and password.
- Start Controlling your web presence!
Step Two: Get to know your new Site Manager
Once you login, you should be seeing something like this:
Let's go over some of the menu Items...
Sitemason - General Site Controls
- Preview allows you to quickly pull up your site starting from your homepage to take a look at changes you may have recently made.
- "Go to Old Site Manager" will take you back to the old site manager view (The new view is, well... new. So it is constantly getting updated with features making the old view obsolete bit by bit. However, periodically you may need to hop back to the old view to transfer an old page, insert a Google Analytics ID, Clear the site's cache, restore a deleted item, etc until everything is fully updated to the new site manager).
- Login as Another User and Logout I believe explain themselves.
Actions - Page, Tool, and Navigation Controls.
-Add a Page, Tool and Section (also activated with the three icons at the top of the site manager) allow you to add a new page builder (paper icon), choose from a drop down list of other tools (paper and pencil icon), or add a new section (yellow folder icon) to your website, which can then be added to your main navigation and hold multiple pages (as seen with the "About us" section above.
-Alias, Label, Link, and Web Proxy are simple tools that allow you to customize your Navigation a bit.
--You can add an alias to another page or section if you wish for it to be referenced in more than one navigation area.
--Adding a label allows you to set your navigation up to have a label followed by linked choices. (Example Below)
"Choose Your City" would be the label presenting the options directly in the navigation.
--Adding a Link allows you to add navigation item that links to external site.
--Adding a Web Proxy allows you to display an external site's content within the style of your template.
-Edit selected item allows you to go into the editor mode for a highlighted item in the site manager (you can also do this by double clicking on the item itself within the site manager).
-Reorder toggles your site manager into Reorder Mode which allows you to change the order of pages and/or add/remove them from sections and navigation using check boxes and drag/drop methods. Simply click Cancel or Save to return to normal mode.
-Duplicate Selected Item allows you to highlight a page and duplicate it. You can then go into the copy and edit the title, url, and content. This can come in handy if you have a few pages that would have almost identical information but just need some minor changes.
- Delete Selected Item(s) allows you to delete the highlighted page, tool or section.
(NOTE: You can always hop back to the old site manager to restore a deleted item)
Help - Contact Support, Report a Bug and Request Features.
That about wraps it up for your New Site Manager.
New features are added frequently so this section will be ever changing as our product adapts to make your experience easier and more efficient!